The Basics of Learning and Homeschooling
For the Loving Mother who wants the best for her children but isn't sure of her ability to teach her children at home..
This course will help you to gain confidence in your ability to teach your children. Go from overwhelmed to peaceful. From feeling lost to feeling capable. From fearful and insecure to confident.
In this course:
- You will learn how to identify learning styles, developmental levels, and readiness so that you can gauge what to teach and when and how.
- You will learn about brain training and how to help your child think better.
- You will see that homeschooling is much different from classroom teaching.
- You will be able to choose curriculum that is best for your family.
- You will find tips to increase the unity and tranquility in your home.
- You will find help for teaching a special needs child.
- You will find help with planning and organizing your homeschool life.
- You will get tips for keeping your marriage a priority while homeschooling.
There are action steps at the end of each module to help you to get started right away with the new information you've learned. You can start applying what you're learning instead of just filing it away for later. I hope that this will help you to make your learning stick. This is one of the important things about the education of our children - that we do things in such a way that the learning sticks.
My dream for you is that you enjoy homeschooling your children. In this course I share techniques and approaches that will help you do that. Here's a tip: If you let your children know how much you love them and provide resources to help them learn, you will find that the experience is beneficial to the whole family.
Homeschool success depends on you, Mom. Your mindset, your expectations, and your understanding of your children will be the most important factors that determine whether homeschooling is the best form of education for your children and the best culture for your family.
I sincerely believe that this course will help you to reach the kind of success that you are hoping for.
I was a first grade teacher in public school until I became a homeschool teacher when I had my first child. I went on to homeschool all 10 of my children and am still working with my 4 youngest. Over the years I learned a lot about how children learn and what works best to make learning fun and what makes it stick. I have helped many other homeschool moms develop confidence and find the best approach for them. I teach moms that homeschooling does not have to be hard or tedious. In fact, it shouldn't be if you want your children to develop a love of learning so that they become lifelong learners. I see the teacher's role as a facilitator of learning. So my methods reflect that belief.
StartModule 5: Homeschooling is Different from Classroom Teaching (35:21)
StartModule 6: Curriculum is a Servant; You are the Master (27:59)
StartModule 7: Teaching Students with Learning Differences (27:36)
StartModule 8: You Can Do This! (34:08)
StartModule 9: Homeschooling and Marriage (33:24)